The BFG, by Roald Dahl
- • Create some new giants to join the horrible crew that Sophie and the BFG have to deal with in the story
- • The early part of the book refers a lot to dreams and nightmares. Draw up a list of dreams and nightmares that children can remember having.
- • Write a newspaper report of the campaign to capture the fearsome giants
- • Create some imaginary recipes for a giant’s cook book – delicious recipes for human beans and the like.
- • Write a dictionary for the BFG’s words explaining what he actually means by some of the unusual words he uses.
- • There is an abundance of ideas for classroom activities to be found on this website http://www.roalddahlfans.com/teachers.php#4