Prince Cinders, by Babette Cole
- Create a list of how the story of Prince Cinders resembles the traditional story of Cinderella and how it differs.
- Imagine some of the other things that may have gone wrong when the fairy came to help Prince Cinders and write a story about that.
- Consider some other classic fairytales such as Snow White or Sleeping Beauty and give them a similar treatment in which the story is made more modern and/or the lead characters are boys instead of girls.
- The story ends up happily ever after for Prince Cinders but look at some of the moments in the story where things appear to be going horribly wrong and tell the story as if they did. How might that story finish up?
- What kind of music do you think they might have been playing at the royal rave up? Create your own songlist for a ‘Royal Rave Up’ of your own.