Mister Magnolia, by Quentin Blake
- Read the book out aloud and have people in the class act out some of the funny things that are described in the story
- Create some new pages for Mister Magnolia by making up a sentence that rhymes with ‘only one boot’ and then illustrating it
- Write another adventure for Mister Magnolia but write it as if he has ‘only one shoe’ or ‘only one sock’
- Where do you think Mister Magnolia’s other boot went? Write a story about how he lost his boot.
- Where might Mister Magnolia’s new boot have come from? Write a story about who sent him the present and why.