Full time, £20k p.a. pro rata
Temporary role - 5 months (possibility of extension)
Full time, 40 hours per week (10am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday)
1st November start, until end March 2017.
The office closes between Christmas and New Year.
Salary £20k per annum with paid holiday.
Thank you for your voicemail.
We would like to receive a copy of your CV and a few further details. This page contains a copy of the job information you have previously seen, and then a short application form which will only take you a few minutes to complete.
lease can you complete and submit the form below by Sunday 9 October.
Each year West End in Schools produces and performs pantomimes in primary schools all over England. You’ll be a key part of the small team involved in both administering this process, and scheduling in next year's work. This is an opportunity to work in the heart of the West End, gaining unique insights into the theatre industry and education sector.
Who we're looking for
- Writes fluent English, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Has a friendly telephone manner and communicates precise information in a friendly way
- Loves live performance, has a good sense of humour
- Is numerate and highly computer literate
- Experience with accounts software would be a bonus
Our vision and mission
Every child’s imagination should be inspired by the arts. Our mission is to use the skills of the professional theatre to provide highly creative learning experiences for children which they will remember for ever.
- Well structured work, creating the maximum benefit in the shortest time
- Fairness - including the Living Wage
- Continuous improvement
- Time for each other
- A desire to do things the best possible way
- We acknowledge and share our own mistakes before they cause a problem. We do not blame each other for theirs.
What you'll be doing
· Handling queries from the 450 schools we’re visiting with a pantomime and from 76 actors performing in them, escalating where necessary.
Entering actors' out of pocket expenses in to the accounts system.
Handling enquiries by email from schools wishing to book visits from West End in Schools for World Book Day in March.
Assisting our pantomime productions coordinator as required.
Other tasks as they become necessary.
There is potential for more work in the future as the business is expanding, and it is possible that there may be an option to extend the role.
Reporting structure, key contacts and practicalities
We are a small company and you will report to the MD.
In your day-to-day work you will interact with the people in our office, a range of West End performers and our contacts in schools.
You will work partly from our shared office in Somerset House, and depending on your arrangements partly from home. At some times of the year we work from production offices in rehearsal rooms to keep us close to our performers.
Please fill out the application form below
Where we are: