Full time, £20k p.a. pro rata
Temporary role - 2.5 months (possibility of extension)
Full time, 40 hours per week (10am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday)
Immediate start, until end January 2016.
The office closes after 22 December and reopens on 4 January 2016
Salary £20k per annum with paid holiday.
Each year West End in Schools produces and performs pantomimes in primary schools all over England. You’ll be a key part of the small team involved in both administering this process, and scheduling in next year's work. This is an opportunity to work in the heart of the West End, gaining unique insights into the theatre industry and education sector.
Who we're looking for
- writes fluent English, with attention to detail and accuracy;
- has a friendly telephone manner and communicates precise information in a friendly way;
- loves live performance, has a good sense of humour; and
- Is numerate and highly computer literate. Experience with accounts software would be a bonus.
Our vision and mission
Every child’s imagination should be inspired by the arts. Our mission is to use the skills of the professional theatre to provide highly creative learning experiences for children which they will remember for ever.
- Well structured work, creating the maximum benefit in the shortest time.
- Fairness - including the Living Wage.
- Continuous improvement.
- Time for each other.
- A desire to do things the best possible way.
- We acknowledge and share our own mistakes before they cause a problem. We do not blame each other for theirs.
What you'll be doing
· Handling queries from the 400 schools we’re visiting with a pantomime and from 60 actors performing in them, escalating where necessary.
Entering actors' out of pocket expenses in to the accounts system.
Handling enquiries by email from schools wishing to book visits from West End in Schools for World Book Day in March.
Assisting our pantomime productions coordinator as required.
Other tasks as they become necessary.
There is potential for more work in the future as the business is expanding, and it is possible that there may be an option to extend the role into March.
Reporting Structure, key contacts and practicalities
We are a small company and you will report to the MD.
In your day-to-day work you will interact with the people in our office, a range of West End performers and our contacts in schools.
You will be based in our busy office, shared with other theatre producers, on St Martin's Lane a stone's throw from Leicester Square.
How to apply
Please telephone our application line on 020 3095 9123 and follow the instructions on the message there. If we are interested in taking your application further we will be in touch to ask for a CV.
Please do not call the main office number or email CV's - applicants attempting to apply by these routes will not be considered.
Where we are: