Marketing Co-ordinator (Mainly digital)
Full time, starting early September
£20k - £25k p.a. pro rata
4 weeks paid holiday, plus paid Christmas closure period
40 hours per week
(10am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday, occasional out of hours work)
Every child’s imagination should be inspired by the arts. West End in Schools' mission is to use the skills of the professional theatre to provide highly creative learning experiences for children which they will remember for ever.
Each year we produce and perform pantomimes, musicals, and dance and Shakespeare workshops in around 1,000 primary schools all over England.
You’ll be a key part of the small marketing and sales team involved in growing the business. This is a new role and we will be learning how to use cutting edge digital marketing techniques and tools to acquire new customers, and in particular to win more work from existing customers.
Our base is in Somerset House in the heart of the West End, but we also work from home and from production offices in rehearsal rooms. You will gain unique insights into the theatre industry and education sector.
We are a small but growing business and there is potential for this role to develop and grow with the business.
Where you come in
When we visit a school we inspire the children and involve them in a story. We need you to help us make our grown-up customers feel that special too!
The Deputy Head looking for a top quality pantomime that doesn’t involve booking five coaches and taking the children out of school. The PE-Coordinator wondering how to bring the spirit of the Rio 2016 Games into their school hall. The Literacy Coordinator who wants to do something different for World Book Day 2017. We can help all of them. But they are busy and have competing priorities, so we need to be smart about how and when we communicate with them.
We want to move away from "one size fits all marketing" to a far more targeted and informed approach. You will help us to develop and implement a more behaviour-based marketing strategy.
What you'll be doing
Working alongside a team of colleagues you will respond to initial enquiries from schools online and by telephone so as to get to know our customers, processes and product range.
Working alongside our content creator you will:
- Schedule and send marketing emails to our lists.
- Set up personalised campaigns to individual and small groups of teachers, and ensure the right emails go to the right people.
- Help colleagues look after our website and online advertising,
- Follow-up after some show or workshop visits with a telephone call seeking and listening to feedback and encouraging rebooking.
- Measure and report on the success of the above activities, review our Google Analytics and analyse our customer feedback so as to inform decisions about future marketing activities.
- Provide your West End In Schools colleagues with useful insights about our contacts in schools and contribute to the knowledge stored in our CRM system.
- Help us create new strategies and processes for digital marketing that handle the above requirements effectively.
- Any other reasonable task!
As this is a new role in a small but growing business the areas of your responsibility are likely to clarify and develop over time.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- is inquisitive, curious and creative, and has a 'how do we make this work' attitude;
- has relevant digital marketing experience, or a qualification in marketing;
- writes and edits fluent english with attention to detail and creative flair;
- is numerate, analytical and highly computer literate;
- has an engaging telephone manner and communicates precise information in a friendly way;
- loves live performance; and
- has a good sense of humour.
- Well structured work, creating the maximum benefit in the shortest time.
- Fairness - including being the first theatre company to sign up for the London Living Wage.
- Continuous improvement.
- Time for each other.
- A desire to do things the best possible way.
- We acknowledge and share our own mistakes before they cause a problem. We do not blame other team members for theirs.
Reporting Structure, key contacts and practicalities
We are a small company and you will report to the MD.
In your day-to-day work you will interact with the people in our office team, a range of West End performers and our contacts in schools.
You will work partly from our shared office in Somerset House, and depending on your arrangements partly from home. At some times of the year we work from production offices in rehearsal rooms to keep us close to our performers.
How to apply
Please fill out our online application form.
Please do not call the main office number or email CV's - applicants attempting to apply by these routes will not be considered.