Roald Dahl Day Teacher Resources - The BFG
One of the world’s best storytellers - Roald Dahl - was born 100 years ago (on 13th Sept). Now is a great time to inspire yet another generation of children with the wonders of his work.
We're delighted with how many schools have booked our 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'The Enormous Crocodile' dance workshops this year.
We thought we'd give you some suggested teacher resources for another of Roald Dahl's all-time classics, The BFG.
· Create some new giants to join the horrible crew that Sophie and the BFG have to deal with in the story
· The early part of the book refers a lot to dreams and nightmares. Draw up a list of dreams and nightmares that children can remember having.
· Write a newspaper report of the campaign to capture the fearsome giants
· Create some imaginary recipes for a giant’s cook book – delicious recipes for human beans and the like.
· Write a dictionary for the BFG’s words explaining what he actually means by some of the unusual words he uses.
· There is an abundance of ideas for classroom activities to be found on this website http://www.roalddahlfans.com/teachers.php#4